tel: +44 (0)1684 276753
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Below are the terms and conditions of your agreement with us. Please read them carefully before booking. When you make a booking and we accept it, a legally binding contract is made and you are irrevocably bound by it.
Booking Your Holiday
1. How do I book my holiday?
First of all, you need to complete our booking form with details of all members of your party. The booking form must then be signed by you. Your signature confirms that you and your party accept these booking conditions. A specified deposit per person together with any applicable insurance premium(s) must be sent to us with your booking form. However, if you book your holiday less than eight weeks prior to departure, full Payment must be made at the time of booking. On receipt of your signed booking form and appropriate payment, we shall then confirm the booking and send you a confirmation/invoice. We do, however reserve the right to decline any booking.
2. When do I pay?
As mentioned above, you pay a deposit at the time of making your booking (or full payment if less than eight weeks prior to departure date). The balance of the cost of your holiday is payable not later than eight weeks before your scheduled departure date. If payment is not received in full by this date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and apply the cancellation charges set out in paragraph 8.
3. What about my contract with the company?
A binding contract only comes into existence once we have accepted your booking and issued a confirmation/invoice. The date of the contract is the date that appears on the invoice. The contract and all matters arising from it shall be governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in England and Wales.
4. Is the price of my holiday guaranteed?
Whilst we reserve the right to change our prices at any time, the price of your holiday as shown on your confirmation invoice will not increase unless you amend the booking or we are forced to as a result of upward price variations in respect of the items listed below unknown to us at the time of going to press. The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges on the following items: currency, aircraft fuel, overflying charges, air and seaport charges and increases in scheduled air fares. Even in this case, we will absorb an amount equal to 2% of the holiday or cruise/excursion price to which the surcharge relates which excludes insurance premiums or any amendment charges. Only amounts in excess of 2% will be surcharged. If this means paying more than 10% on the holiday Price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except for any premium paid to us for your holiday insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days of the date printed on the invoice outlining the surcharge. Such cancellations should be notified in accordance with the items set under section 8, 'If you cancel your holiday?'. In no circumstances will a surcharge be notified to you within 30 days of departure. We regret we cannot make any refunds or reductions should exchange rates or other costs become more favourable to us.
5. If we change your holiday. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday. However, the arrangements for the holidays contained in our brochure(s) are made many months in advance and changes are sometimes required. Most changes are minor. When a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as it is reasonably possible, if there is time before your departure. A major change is one that we make to your holiday arrangements before departure which involves change of UK airport, resort area, accommodation to that of a lower price or official classification, or international flight time of more than 12 hours (not including flight delay). You may then either a) accept the changes b) purchase another available holiday from us, or: c) cancel your holiday. If you choose a) or b), we will pay you compensation on the scale below. If you choose c, we will refund all monies paid to us, less the non-refundable deposit.
Period before Compensation
within which a major per person
change is notified (excluding infants)
More than 56 days NIL
56 - 29 days £10
28 - 14 days £15
Less than 14 days £20
Important note: Compensation will not be payable and we will not otherwise be liable to you if we are forced to cancel, delay, curtail, or in any way change your holiday as a result of "force majeure". In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means War, or threat of War, terrorist activity, riots or civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, or adverse weather conditions, and all similar events outside our control which prevent or affect the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations.
6. If you change your holiday If you need to change any details of your holiday (e.g. transfer to a different accommodation or departure date), we will do our best to help. We will charge an amendment fee of £20 per amendment (maximum £60 per booking), to cover facsimile and administration charges, except where otherwise stated. Any changes within six weeks of departure will be deemed to be a cancellation and cancellation charges as set out in clause 8 will apply. Name changes will be accepted at a charge of £20.00 per change if made more than 8 weeks before departure, and £40 per change if made between 8-2 weeks before departure. We regret we cannot change names less than 2 weeks before departure and any request for such a change will be treated as a cancellation by you, in which event the cancellation charges set out in Clause 8 will apply. We further regret we cannot accept requests to change the names of all party members without levying the appropriate cancellation charges, unless all such party members are prevented from travelling, in which case the amendment charges set out above will be payable. If you change all details of your holiday at any time, (i.e. departure date, accommodation and resort, this will be treated as a cancellation and subsequently a new booking. A new final invoice will be sent showing the new details as appropriate, and cancellation charges. All alterations are effective only on the date when the company received written instructions.
7. If we cancel your holiday We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday as the tours we offer can only operate if we have sufficient number to make the tour financially viable. In this event, we will refund all monies paid to us or offer an alternative available holiday of comparable standard if and when available. However, in no case will your holiday be cancelled less than 8 weeks before the scheduled departure date, except for reasons of a "force majeure" (see Important note above). In either case we have no liability to you for the loss of opportunity to take your holiday. Very rarely, we may be forced to curtail your holiday after the date of departure where circumstances amounting to "force majeure" (as described in Important note above) occur. In this very unusual situation, we regret we cannot make any refunds or be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result.
8. If you cancel your holiday Should you, or any member of your party, wish to cancel your holiday, immediate notice in writing by the person signing the Booking form must be sent to us. Such notice of cancellation is only effective when received by us and, to avoid extra costs, should be sent by registered mail. The scale of cancellation charges that will be levied are as follows:
Written notification of Cancellation received by specified dates charges shown as a % of holiday cost (excluding insurance premium)
More than 42 days Deposit
42 -35 days 50%
34 - 28 days 60%
27 - 14 days 80%
Less than 14 days 100%
Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of your cancelling. N.B. If one or more members of your party cancel, the cost to remaining members may increase to take into account room occupancy.
9. Tour descriptions
The descriptions of resorts, accommodation, facilities and amenities are based on inspections made many months before you go on holiday. Accordingly, they are descriptions of what exists at the time of inspection. If we are informed of any changes then we will, where possible, advise you prior to departure. There may be occasions, especially in low season when certain facilities may not be available.
P&Q Tours Limited Responsibilities
1. Do P&Q Tours Limited accept responsibility for the quality of my holiday?
Yes, subject to paragraph 2 below, we shall accept responsibility if the services that we are contractually bound to provide prove deficient or not of a reasonable standard, or if you suffer loss or damage (other than death, personal injury or illness), as a result of the acts and/or defaults of our employees, agents, subcontractors and/or suppliers. In all cases, except where personal injury, illness or death results (dealt with below), our liability under this paragraph is however limited to the holiday price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges), of the persons affected in total. In addition, where services are provided by any air or sea carrier, our obligations are limited as if we were carriers within the appropriate international conventions.
2. Will P&Q Tours Limited be responsible if I suffer personal injury etc. during my holiday?
If, as a result of any failure to perform, or improper performance of any part of your contract with us by any of our employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, you or any member of your party suffers death, personal injury or illness, we shall accept responsibility providing they were, at the time, acting within the scope or course of their employment, except where the failure to perform or improper performance was due to:
a) Your own acts and/or defaults, or
b) Those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable, or
c) An event which either ourselves or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care. In addition, in the case of air, sea and rail carriers, and hotel keepers, our liability
is limited as if we were carriers/ hotel keepers under the appropriate international conventions. In return for this
acceptance of responsibility, it is a condition of the contract that you comply with the following requirements:
1. You notify us of your claim in writing within 28 days of the scheduled date of return from your holiday.
2. You agree to assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights you have against any third party relating to the claim. 3. You agree to give us your full co-operation if either ourselves or our insurers wish to enforce any rights against
the third party in respect of your claim
3. Your obligations
It is your responsibility to arrive at stated departure places on time. Any loss or damage which you suffer through failure to do so lies with you. Our clients book on the basis that they agree to abide by all reasonable directions given to them in connection with their holiday. We reserve the right to terminate the holiday of any client, without notice, whose conduct or behaviour is disruptive or which affects the enjoyment of other holidaymakers. We shall not accept liability for any extra costs incurred by them as a result of our doing so. Aircraft captains have the right to refuse boarding to any person who, to his absolute discretion, is unacceptable under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If for this reason you are denied boarding on your outward flight, we reserve the right to treat this as a cancellation and cancellation charges will be levied.
4. If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about your holiday, please inform your P&Q Tours Limited representative immediately, who will try and resolve the problem on the spot. If you fail to report a complaint in resort, we cannot consider your complaint valid. (We cannot begin to resolve problems unless we know they exist!) However, if it cannot be resolved in resort you must write to us at our registered address upon your return to the UK detailing the complaint within 28 days of return.
The accommodation provided is for use of those passengers shown on the final invoice and confirmed by us. Subletting, sharing or assignment is prohibited, and will result in you been evicted from your booked premises.
P&Q Tours Ltd, 24 Hillview Lane, Twyning, Gloucestershire, GL20 6JN
tel: 01684 276753 email: email@example.com www.pandqtours.co.uk